64 Lennox Street
Phone: 074121 2250
Brennan and Geraghty's Store, with adjoining residence and cottage, was acquired by the National Trust of Queensland in 1975 due to its historical commercial significance.
The large timber grocery store with masonry facade was operated by two generations of the same family for 101 years. The store was opened in April 1871 by Patrick Brennan and Martin Geraghty. The store traded through to 1972 when it was closed by Geraghty's youngest son George. George was then 88 years old.
When George closed the shop, he shut it up with complete stock from the 1890's through to advertising signs of the 1920's and packaging from the 1960's. After many painstaking years of restoration, the store was opened as a museum about itself and its place in the community, it is a rare survivor of our commercial heritage surviving intact with its own contents.