Historic Pilot Station,
6 William St
Ph. 6584 1818
The Mid-North Coast Maritime Museum, a registered charitable Association by incorporation, was founded in 1988 entirely as a volunteer based operation.
The Museum is funded by donations from its members and the general public, supplemented by occasional grants from various heritage bodies for specific projects. A significant part of the Museum’s income derives from the operation of the MV Wentworth, which is currently being re-built at the Museum's Hibbard Boatyard.
Currently the Maritime Museum operates from three leased heritage properties comprising the Hibbard Boatyard and slipway, the original Port Macquarie Pilot Boatshed at the Clarence Street wharf, and the original William Street Pilot Station cottages housing the bulk of the Museum’s static collection and displays.