South Garden Reserve,
Phone: (03) 53 341580
The Museum is one of a couple of purely volunteer group in the world operating tramcars in a public road and over a section of original track.
At the depot there is a museum display of photographs and tramway memorabilia for visitors. The tramcar fleet and workshops area can also be inspected.
The rolling stock includes Ballarat Horse Tram No. 1 and ten tramcars which initially ran in Melbourne between 1913 and 1951, plus two acquired directly from Melbourne by the Museum in 1975.
The Museum is an Accredited Museum within the Museum Accreditation Program managed by Museums Australia (Victoria) and a recognised non-profit volunteer organisation.