44 Brooke Street
can be found on the Glenelg Highway
in the township of Smythesdale,
20 kms from Ballarat.
Ruth has been a antique and old wares dealer for many years accumulating a large range of stock. The premises in Brooke Street recently opened for business on December 15th 2001 in the decommissioned Smythesdale Town Hall, which was built in the 1860's (at a cost of £1200), and until recently was the local Mechanics Institute.
The building has been refurbished and now houses a wide variety of interesting oldwares in ambient surroundings. Restored furniture, linen and sewing items, metalware and tools and furniture for restoration. Something to interest all types of collectors.