Little Malop Street, Geelong
ph 5229 3645
Fax:61 3 5221 6441
The Geelong Art Gallery is considered one of the state's finest provincial galleries.
The gallery was established in 1896 and the current building dates back to 1913. The land was donated by the City Council and building was financed by public subscriptions and a government grant. There have been many expansions to the building with major changes in years, 1937, 1958 and 1970.
The collection of late 19th and early 20th century paintings by British artists and members of the Royal Academy reflect the prevailing taste of the time